Wednesday, August 02, 2006

Mommy and Jaxson's Day Off!!

This is my first "post" on our blog, and I wanted to use it to say some thank you's to many people.

We have had so many people praying for me to find a job that would have the kind of schedule that would allow me to have extra time at home to be with my family. Our lifegroup especially has had us on their prayer list for quite some time and we are so thankful that you have constantly lifted our family up in prayer.

I had gone on several interviews within the past couple of months and sent out dozens of resumes to dental offices looking for an assistant. I had my own criteria of not working 5 days a week and needing to be home at night no later than 5:30. As I began my search, I realized quickly that these demands I had were few and far between. I began understanding more of what praying without ceasing was all about. This was on my mind and in my heart at all hours of the day and all hours of the night. I had come to the depressing conclusion that I was going to need to take the next job that was offered to me, no matter what the circumstances were.

I had gone in for an interview at an office in Irving (which is a 45 minute drive!) and I was asked to come back later that week to work. I was sick to my stomach thinking of the long hours I would be working and away from my husband and baby. It was then that God reminded me that he does provide and will give you far greater than you can ask for or imagine. The previous assistant and friend that I worked with at Dr. Harper's office called and told me they were looking for another assistant. She told her office about me and they quickly had me in and I was hired on my birthday. I am constantly amazed at God's timing. I work Mon and Tues from 7 to 5. I have Wednesday's off and Jaxson and I get that time together. I work Thur from 7 to 5 and then Fri from 7 to 1. I feel so richly blessed that I am in an office with a friend, with hours that I love, close to home, and with pay that will help us financially in many ways.

I started this blog saying that I had some thank you's to give out. The main one is to my valentine, my husband. I never should have been able to stay home with Jaxson as long as I did, but Norman knew how much I wanted that time and was so patient and understanding through out the entire past 4 months. I love Norman dearly and thank him for the time I have been able to stay home. He didn't always know how we would make ends meet, but somehow made it work. God has continually shown us how He provides and carries us when we don't know how we will walk. I thank all of you who have helped us financially and more importantly those who have continuously prayed on our behalf. We are a blessed family.

Tara

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home