Sunday, December 03, 2006

Papaw Chuckie Ben


It's been a very long time since we have published a blog and a lot has happened! Norman will write about all that Jaxson is doing later with many pictures...I promise! I just wanted to write a quick blog to my dad or as Jaxson knows him, Papaw Chuckie Ben. Don't ask about the name, it's a long story :-)
Norman has a great job that provides for our family well, but there is some traveling involved once or twice a year. My dad has been gracious enough to use his vacation time and stay with me during these times. This particular time was important to me because it was my first time to be here alone with Jaxson. I worry about scary monsters and the boogie man still and didn't think I could be brave enough for me and Jaxson both. My dad came down and as I like to say, was my "wife" for the week.
I never had to worry about Jaxson because I knew he was being cared for as I would care for him. The best part was walking into the house after a long day of work and smelling dinner cooking. My dad made all of my favorite meals while he was here and even did the dishes afterwards. One night I came home to find my potholders in the floor of the living room. Papaw and Jaxson had put on a puppet show while waiting for me to get home. Things like that I will never forget.
I can't put into words the love a daughter feels for her daddy. I just know that I am who I am today largely because of him. I know that I married a man that is much like my dad and that I will raise a son much like him as well. Thank you so much dad for always being there and letting me continue to be your little girl even now that I am a mommy. I love you so much and cherish every time we get to spend together. I can't wait to see the bond you and Jaxson will share as he continues to grow. Although I hate to see Norman travel, I look forward to knowing I get a week with dad.

4 Comments:

At December 03, 2006 7:48 PM, Blogger Serena said...

I'm interested in the "long story" I'll be asking! Neat you had that time with your dad. Thanks for your friendship!

Serena

 
At December 04, 2006 1:08 PM, Blogger Brie said...

Awwwwwwwww. Daddies are special- hold on to all that time.

Yeah, Jaxson got five minutes (preacher minutes) of mention in Ben's sermon Sunday, so apparently he had a very good time too.

Great to see you guys over the break, we'll be looking forward to more Jaxson info soon!

 
At December 04, 2006 9:48 PM, Blogger Rakel said...

Okay, so you made me cry and miss my daddy! What a wonderful relationship you two have! The pic was too cute!

 
At December 08, 2006 10:19 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Tara,

My time with you and Jaxson was sooo precious -- thanks for making it a great week. I look forward to doing it again!

I am very proud of you. You have become an awesome mom, are an incredible dental professional, and, as always, a spectacular daughter. You have truly impressed me -- and you know that is hard for anyone to do. Have I told you yet that I'm proud of you?? Well, I am!

Have a great week -- and know that you are on my heart and in my prayers. I couldn't be more proud!

Love ya sweetheart,
Dad (a.k.a. PawPaw Chuckie Ben)

 

Post a Comment

<< Home