Wednesday, August 16, 2006

My Sister's Married...

As you might recall, we had a busy weekend working to get my sister, Sarah, married. This has kept us from getting a blog post up for the last little while. There was much to do to prepare for the wedding, and we're finally get back to our routine after a busy weekend.

While you are reading this, my sister is probably out on a beach somewhere in the Mexican Riviera. She and her husband, Scotty (my new brother-in-law) were married on Saturday, and are honeymooning in Mexico. Hopefully, they're enjoying some fun in the sun, and a much needed break from the hectic-ity (I just coined a new term) from planning a wedding.

The wedding...was beautiful. My sister...was a beautiful bride. Tara...was a beautiful bridesmaid. All in all, it was a beautiful weekend.

Jaxson wasn't in the wedding, but he was beautiful, too. We had to find something for him to wear at the ceremony, and somehow that responsibility fell on me. Tara requested that I find him some khakis and a nice button-up shirt, which I did. The problem was, both were a little too big for him. He was wearing too many clothes during the wedding, and he let everyone around him know that he was unhappy and hot.

Afterward, though, he was fine.


Additionally, Travis moved out of our place today. He stayed with us all summer long, while working with me at the Plant. We really enjoyed having him stay with us, and will miss having him around. He's moving to College Station for another semester at Texas A&M (Whoop!) this weekend, and we're praying that things go well for him. He's looking for a job there now, but he'll find something soon, I'm sure.


Here are a few pictures from the weekend:


Sarah and Scotty are happy, but tired.

In this picture, Sarah and I are pretending to talk--this photo is staged.

Here's a picture of Jaxson getting ready for the rehearsal dinner.

Our happy family at the reception.

Tara and Jaxson enjoying a book.

Jaxson has been putting EVERYTHING in his mouth--including Dad's thumb.

"I'm ready for my closeup."

Hope you enjoyed the pictures.

Until next time...

Norman

2 Comments:

At August 20, 2006 8:40 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Norm,

The previous comment was a test. I passed! Sounds like the wedding was fun. I read your report on the power outage and it made me chuckle. If you only knew what we really do on those outages. Send me your new phone number.

steve

 
At August 21, 2006 9:10 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Scotty and I weren't sleepy...just praying! Glad to see that we finally made an appearance on the blog! And I was happy to hear that you and Trav got good use out of your tuxes! Money well spent, too bad we missed the grand entrance! See you soon! Love ya,

The Branches

 

Post a Comment

<< Home